Saturday 19 December 2009

Salvapantallas


Screensaver (Salvapantallas)

I have your voice
I have your cough
I have your songs in mine

Our parallel paths
Like two hooks
On the same wall

Let the bricks command
And I will,
rope the old photographs

We pedaled
against the wind,
behind the waves.

Now I have a song
to show,
maybe when I go ....

I have your smile
in a corner of
myscreensaver

Years ago
Suddenly the house
filled with songs
Music and poetry
sprouting from many corners.

Let the walls command
and I will fight this
war with those old guitars

We pedaled
against time
casting off…

Here's to the times
we lost
the old battles.

and for the rest,
I have your smile
in a corner
of my screensaver

Ruhaan
Translated, with minor modifications, from Spanish song Salvapantallas-Jorge Drexler

No comments:

Post a Comment